
Sports Reporter : Bangladesh will not contest ICC ruling over replacing Tigers in World Cup The BCB’s media chief says they will not be pursuing the matter anymore. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has said it will not challenge the ICC’s decision to replace the Tigers with Scotland in next month’s T20 World Cup.Amzad Hussain, chairman of the BCB’s Media and Communication Committee, said the board had accepted the ruling following consultations with the government and the sport’s global governing body, ESPNcricinfo reported on Sunday.
Reports had suggested that the BCB considered approaching the ICC’s Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC), but Amzad was quoted as saying: “Since the ICC has said that we cannot go and play or they cannot shift our games to Sri Lanka, in this case we cannot go and play in India.
“Our position remains the same. We are not going to any separate arbitration or anything here.”
The decision follows an ICC board meeting last week, where Bangladesh were informed that failure to travel to India for the tournament would result in replacement.The BCB had referred the matter to the government, which reiterated concerns over player “security”.
Upon receiving this feedback, the ICC replaced Bangladesh with Scotland, the next team on the qualification table.“After the ICC board meeting, there was a cabinet meeting of the Bangladesh government and a decision was made there,” ESPNcricinfo quoted Amzad as saying.“The decision clearly stated that our team will not be able to go to India. This decision has been communicated by the government,” he added.
He added, “After that, the ICC asked us to reply within 24 hours. We told them politely that it is not possible for us to go and play according to this fixture.”During the board meeting, the BCB also noted the resignation of Ishtiaque Sadeque as director, citing personal reasons.



